Tuesday 17 February 2009

What a way to spend the morning

Today started much the same as usual. Breakfast, sleep....then Mrs Servant unceremoniously bundled me into that horrid cage thing.

This means one thing: the dreaded vet. If truth be told, I quite like the journey there. I can sniff all kinds of new smells and see new things - all from the safety of my cage.

However, as soon as we got to the postbox on the corner, I knew we were just a few seconds away. So I dived into the rear of the cage and hid. I told myself: "If he tries to pull me out, I'll hiss and spit and scratch."

He tipped my cage on its end but I hung on tightly with my front claws. I held out for as long as I could but eventually I was pinned to the table. Then the nasty vet gave me an injection. After that, he peered into my ears and eyes and mouth. I hate people doing that to me - especially the VET.

Luckily we came home straight away and I've spent the rest of the day asleep, trying to forget my stressful morning.

No comments: