Monday 19 May 2008

House arrest

As I suspected, my servants went and left me for the weekend. And that means I was under house arrest for three whole days while they were having a fun time somewhere. I had to content myself with looking at the big outside world imprisoned behind glass.

I tried to sneak past The Feeder when he came in but he's a bit quick for me and always manages to shut the door before I can nip out. And the other thing was, I only got TWO meals a day from him instead of the customary five.

On the plus side, I was able to sleep just as long as I liked without being disturbed. Also, I could lounge around on the nice comfy cushions without being told off. And I could sunbathe on the carpet without being moved into the shade. It really irritates me when they do that. My servants seem to think my pink ears will burn if I lie in the sun too much, so I'm always getting moved - or worse still they shut the curtains completely so no sunlight can get into the room at all. It feels like Miss Havisham's place at times.

Anyhow, they are now back so I've been able to potter around outside to my heart's content today. I think I might make my point and play them a bit of a song and dance when they try and get me to come in this evening...

1 comment:

Elaine Swift said...

Hi Daisy
I know exactly what you mean about THEM going off and leaving you. Anyway, I've got THEM under a sort of house arrest at the moment. I'm quite elderly and I have diabetes. This means they have to inject me within Insulin twice a day, at specific times. So, they can't go anywhere together! Not even for a night out! Tee hee. AND I'm costing them an absolute fortune at the vet. Been there all day again having my calcium curves monitored. They make such a fuss of me there that I really don't mind going. Don't tell my humans though.
Hope you managed to find some sun today.
Murphy xx