Tuesday 27 May 2008

From Hackney to Fulham

As I have mentioned before, I have two servants to look after me. One I can twist round my little paw and the other is quite strict with me (considering he's my servant). But he's not all bad though - he does have a rather comfy lap.

I haven't always had these two as servants. I used to live in another part of London - Hackney - with a manservant and my son, Pancake. One day, we all moved to Fulham and then a nasty lady came to live with us.

Actually, I'd been thinking of doing a bunk for a while because Pancake bullied me the whole time and life was getting to be a bit of a bind with him around. So, when they moved to another flat in the complex, I decided to stay put and make my home in the communal hallway.

There were five other flats in the block and I was sure there would be someone I would like enough to go and live with. The four Kiwis, for example. They invited me in and fed me on a regular basis and I was sure I could be happy with them. So, every time my manservant came to collect me and take me back to their new flat, I'd run back to my old block.

The only downside was the fact the Kiwis played loud music. You see, music grates on my sensitive cat ears. Next door to the Kiwis was a couple who didn't play loud music, didn't have any pets and, importantly, one of them worked from home so I'd have a companion during the day. The only problem was, they wouldn't let me in.

Every day I waited by their door and tried to streak into their home as soon as they put their key in the lock. The more they prevented me from entering, the more convinced I was there must be something good in there that they were trying to stop me from getting at.

Anyhow, persistence paid off. After a few months of living in the hall, and running back every time my previous servant tried to collect me, I was finally allowed into the 'Forbidden Flat'! I've been here a few years now and I have to say I landed in the lap of luxury.

Moral of the story: always follow your instincts!

Here is me enjoying my home....

No comments: